Tuesday, April 6, 2010

THE TOP PART 3

Tonight was yet another one of those times that I reaffirmed the fact that "if you have to ask the question, you already know the answer".

The clamps came off the second lamination this evening, and the surface was examined for flatness. The result was amazing! The boards for this lamination were cut on the table saw rather than the band saw. I have two table saws, and opted to use the belt driven Kity K5 rather than the Ryobi direct drive. Although the cut was almost at the limit of the Kity's capacity, the results were astoundingly better than the band saw.

Did I know this when I opted to use the band saw in the first place - naturally! Hence the change to the table saw for the second lamination! And (hence!) the far superior result!! If I had only listened to my gut when I first asked the question, "Band saw or table saw?"!!

After about 45 minutes of spirited planing, the lamination was put aside - ready for final thicknessing.

Here you can see the first two laminations - ready for the thicknesser.

Is this the most fun you can have with your clothes on? Well, there was that time I made a birdie on the 500m Par 5 18th at Magalies Park Country Club...

No comments:

Post a Comment